1. _______ the school, the village has a clinic, which was also built with.
A. In reply to B. In addition to C. In charge of D. In place of
2. Clearly and thoughtfully ________, the book inspires confidence in students who wish to seek their own answers.
A. writing B. to write C. written D. being written
3. Life the like ________ ocean; Only ________strong-willed can reach the other shore.
A. an; the B. the; a C. the ;/ D. / ; a
4. My parents always _______ great importance to my getting a good education.
A. have B. attach C. accept D. pay
5. -How long have you been learning English?
-About four month.
-_________! Your English is so good.
A. You can’t be serious B. You got it C. I couldn’t agree more D. I’m stuck
6. The manager put forward a suggestion ____ we should have an assistant. There is too much work to do.
A. whether B. that C. which D. what
7. I’m going to _____ advantage of this tour to explore the history of the castle.
A. put B. make C. take D. give
8. You are waiting at a wrong place. It is at the hotel ____ the coach picks up tourists.
A. who B. which C. where D. that
9. I hate it when she calls me at work—I’m always too busy to ___ a conversation with her.
A. carry on B. break into C. turn down D. cut off
10. I was wearing a seat belt. If I hadn’t been wearing one, I ____.
A. were injured B. would be injured
C. had been injured D. would have been injured
Hannah Taylor is a schoolgirl from Manitoba, Canada. One day, when she was five years old, she was walking with her mother in downtown Winnipeg. They saw a man ___11___ out of a garbage can. She asked her mother why he did that and her mother said that the man was homeless and hungry. Hannah was very ___12___. She couldn’t understand why some people had to live their lives without shelter or enough food. Hannah started to think about how she could ___13___, but, of course, there is not a lot one five-year-old can do to solve the problem of homelessness.
Later, when Hannah attended school, she saw another homeless person. It was a woman, ___14 ___ an old shopping trolley which was piled with ___15___. It seemed that everything the woman owned was in them. This made Hannah very sad, and even more ___16___ to do something. She had been talking to her mother about the lives of homeless people ___17___ they first saw the homeless man. Her mother told her that if she did something to change the problem that made her sad, she wouldn’t ___18___ as bad.
Hannah began to speak out about the homelessness in Manitoba and then in other provinces. She hoped to ___19___ her message of hope and awareness. She started the Ladybug Foundation, an organization aiming at getting rid of homelessness. She began to ___20___ “Big Bosses” lunches, where she would try to persuade local business Leaders to ___21___ to the cause. She also organized a fundraising drive in “Ladybug Jars” to collect everyone’s spare change during “Make Change” month. More recently, the foundation began another ___22___ called National Red Scarf Day — a day when people donate $20 and wear red scarves in support of Canada’s ___23___ and homeless.
There is an emergency shelter in Winnipeg called “Hannah’s Place”, something that Hannah is very ___24___ of. Hannah’s Place is divided into several areas, providing shelter for people when it is so cold that ___25___ outdoors can mean death. In the more than five years since Hannah began her activities, she has received a lot of ___26___. For example, she received the 2007 BRICK Award recognizing the ___27___ of young people to change the world. But ___28___ all this, Hannah still has the ___29___ life of a Winnipeg schoolgirl, except that she pays regular visits to homeless people.
Hannah is one of many examples of young people who are making a ___30___ in the world. You can, too!
11. A. jumping B. eating C. crying D. waving
12. A. annoyed B. nervous C. ashamed D. upset
13. A. behave B. manage C. help D. work
14. A. pushing B. carrying C. buying D. holding
15. A. goods B. bottles C. foods D. bags
16. A. excited B. determined C. energetic D. grateful
17. A. since B. unless C. although D. as
18. A. sound B. get C. feel D. look
19. A. exchange B. leave C. keep D. spread
20. A. sell B. deliver C. host D. pack
23. A. contribute B. lead C. apply D. agree
22. A. campaign B. trip C. procedure D. trial
23. A. elderly B. hungry C. lonely D. sick
24. A. aware B. afraid C. proud D. sure
25. A. going B. sleeping C. traveling D. playing
26. A. praises B. invitations
C. replies D. appointments
27. A. needs B. interests C. dreams D. efforts
28. A. for B. through C. besides D. along
29. A. healthy B. public C. normal D. tough
30. A. choice B. profit
C. judgement D. difference
江西南昌 李小兰:龙春来老师，我考上了… 呵呵…这里面有老师的帮忙嘛…！！谢谢老师！都是老师教导有方！真想有机会请老师大吃一餐……谢师宴！这里面绝对有你的功劳！那么耐心看我的练习…提意见！
福建学员宋锦：田惠伊老师，我反超第一，谢谢 离不开爷您的谆谆教诲 谢谢老师。。。
福建学员许亚宽：考三角形的分类 我今天 教态超级好的 超有激情，分数是79.8，综合成绩不错！老师来厦门，请你吃饭啊！